The University of South Africa (UNISA), usually called Unisa, is the biggest university system in SA by enrollment. The university attracts a huge number of students across the country. Through different affiliates and colleges, it has over 350 000 students. This includes international students from over 130 countries around the world. With such a massive number of students, Unisa uses an online system called myUnisa student portal to handle a big number of students.
The mylife UNISA account allows students to access information such as newsletters, study material, access exams, submit assignments, check announcements, download timetable, check assignment and examination marks and much more.
Since the important information or announcements are posted on the mylife UNISA account, all students who are enrolled with the university are required to have the myLife email account. To open the account is free and uses the Microsoft Office 365 platform. The Myunisa account looks like a normal email account and simple to comprehend.
It is very important for all UNISA students to have the myUNISA email account. As mentioned above, it allows students to access important information. You can also access it while you wait for the delivery of the hard copy versions. It could be text books, notes or study material. We’ve compiled some steps for you to successfully activate and access the my Unisa account without any challenges.
How to create myunisa account?
Most students don’t know how to set up a myLife account at UNISA. Before you set up my unisa account, you should have a myUNISA Student portal access. Below are the guidelines that we’ve compiled for you so that you can set up my life UNISA account easily.
- STEP 1: Navigate to myUnisa student homepage at https://my.unisa.ac.za/portal
- STEP 2: Click on “Claim Unisa login”
- STEP 3: Enter your student number and click the “continue” button
- STEP 4: Type in your personal information including Surname, Full names, Date of Birth, South African Identity Number or Passport Number or Foreign ID (provide the information you used when you initially registered with the institution).
- STEP 5: Read the guidelines and tick the boxes and click “Acknowledge” or “Back” if you want to go to back to the previous STEP.
- STEP 6: Both your myUnisa and your myLife e-mail account will appear on the screen. The screen will also show your “initial UNISA password”. Your myLife account can take up to 24 hours to be activated. Once it’s activated, to access your myLife e-mail account, navigate to http://mylife.unisa.ac.za
- STEP 7: Login to myUnisa by clicking “Click here to login” to your myUnisa account and clicking “myLife email” button to login to your UNISA email account.
- STEP 8: Open your myLife e-mail account by entering your myLife email address and password. Always remember to logout when you are done using it.
How do I access myUnisa account?
To access myLife e-mail account, you need to follow the below steps:
- STEP 1: Go to My UNISA website http://mylife.unisa.ac.za
- STEP 2: Enter your full email address and your myLife e-mail account password
- STEP 3: Click “Sign in”
How to activate myunisa password?
What do you do when your myLife password is not activate? Don’t worry, we will help you reset your password so that you will be able to set up a new password and access myunisa student portal. Below are the necessary steps you need to take to change your password.
- STEP 1: Navigate to myUnisa homepage and click “My Admin”
- STEP 2: Then click on “Change Password” link which will redirect you to the reset password page
- STEP 3: Fill in the form to update your password. The new password will be used for both myUnisa and myLife services.
According to UNISA, the new password should take about 30 minutes to be activated on the myLife services during peak periods. If you still experience challenges after trying to reset your password, send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance.
Make sure that your myLife UNISA account credentials are safe. It is very important as a UNISA student to know this information. Your myLife email account should become your best friend from now. You won’t miss any important messages from now going forward if you access myunisa login.
Image Courtesy: Facebook.com
Zita Zimande is a sports news journalist from the University of Johannesburg. Besides being a sports fanatic, she loves to cook during her spare time.