CIPC Login is an online page where CIPC registered use to login to the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC). The CIPC is an agency of the Department of Trade and Industry in South Africa. In this article, you will learn about CIPC Login.
What is CIPC?
CIPC stands for the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission. The CIPC was established by the Companies Act, 2008 as a juristic person to function as an organ of state within the public administration, but as an institution outside the public service.
The Companies Intellectual Property Commission popularly (CIPC), previously known as CIPRO, is responsible for the following functions:
- Registration of Companies, Co-operatives and Intellectual Property Rights (trade marks, patents, designs and copyright) and maintenance thereof
- Disclosure of Information on its business registers
- Promotion of education and awareness of Company and Intellectual Property Law
- Promotion of compliance with relevant legislation
- Efficient and effective enforcement of relevant legislation
- Monitoring compliance with and contraventions of financial reporting standards, and making recommendations thereto to Financial Reporting Standards Council (FRSC)
- Licensing of Business rescue practitioners
- Report, research and advise Minister on matters of national policy relating to company and intellectual property law
If you are a registered CIPC customer, you can proceed to CIPC login using your 13-digit South African ID number and your CIPC password. If you are new to CIPC services, please register using your ID number, you can click here.
Before you login make sure you have a valid email address, you will not be able to transact if you don’t have one. You can register for a free email address at Gmail.
For customers with their CIP Login details, can follow these easy steps to Login to CIPC eServices:
- Step 1: Go to cipc.co.za login at https://eservices.cipc.co.za/Login.aspx (CIPC Login page)
- Step 2: Enter your Customer Code and Customer Password
- Step 3: Then enter security code displayed on the screen and click “Login”
CIPC Login Password Reset
To reset your CIPC login password, you need to follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to https://eservices.cipc.co.za/
- Step 2: Click on “reset password” link
- Step 3: Enter your “customer code”
- Step 4: OTP is sent to cellphone number
- Step 5: Once OTP confirmed, set new password
Image Courtesy: eservices.cipc.co.za