MultiChoice will increase the prices of certain DStv packages from 1 April 2020. MultiChoice has announced in a statement that it will increase the prices of certain DStv packages from 1 April 2020. DStv Premium price has increased from R809 to R819 and the subscribers will pay the increased price as of 1 April 2020. There will be no increase for Compact subscribers.
The DStv packages affected by price increases and the increases are as follows:
- DStv Premium in 2019 was R809 and as from 1 April, it will be R819.
- DStv Compact Plus was R519 and will be R529
- DStv Compact cost R399 and will not go up.
- DStv Family was R265 and now it will cost R279.
- DStv Access was R105 and now it will cost R110.
- DStv EasyView cost R29 and will not increase this year.
List of DSTV price increases for 2020
MultiChoice South Africa CEO, Mark Rayner, said the company wants to continue making DStv affordable and accessible to as many South Africans as possible.
“In 2019, DStv broadcast leading international and local shows including the final season of Game of Thrones and the first-ever season of The Bachelor South Africa. In addition, Deon Meyer’s record-breaking Trackers was a game-changer for local television productions, and has now been syndicated internationally,” – said in a statement
Some of its video streaming competitors charge the following per month:
- Showmax: R99
- Netflix: R99 to R199
- Amazon Prime Video: R45 – R79
- Viu: R29 – R69
Image Courtesy: okfurniture.co.za
Contributing writer at Quick Read Magazine. Loves reading books. Passionate in exploring and cooking local cuisines. Enthusiastic as an amateur cricket player.