DUT Email Login access step-by-step guide on how to login to DUT email account. The Durban University of Technology (DUT) provides students and university staff with a free Office 365 account. The purpose of this article is to show DUT students and staff how to login to DUT email.
How Do I log into My DUT Email?
For student email access from off-campus, the below settings are for Internet Explorer (IE), but may work for other browsers such as Chrome. Below are the steps you need to follow in order to log into my DUT email account:
- STEP 1: Visit https://www.outlook.com/dut4life.ac.za on your web browser,
- STEP 2: Enter your DUT Student Number and click “Next”
- STEP 3: You will then receive a pop-up window to enter your login details
- STEP 4: Enter your Student Number details again
- STEP 5: Enter your DUT Lan password. This is the password you use when logging into a computer in the student Lan)
- STEP 6: Then, you will successfully be logged in to your Office365 e-mailbox
- STEP 7: Write, read and send emails using your DUT email
What is My Dut4life Email?
My Dut4life Email gives students and future alumni access to student and University information. This platform comes with a free 25GB mailbox, 25GB online storage solution, calendaring solution, free use of Office Web Apps, spam free email, instant messaging tools and many more features.
DUT live email supports popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Windows, Mac & Linux and Safari.
How do I change my DUT email password?
There are several ways to reset or change your DUT email password. The first option is through online password self-service website, second option is using Ctrl-Alt-Del on your computer and the third option is changing your email password using the DUT app.
Option 1: Change Password using DUT Mobile App
- Open DUT Mobile App on your mobile device
- Login and navigate to the self-help menu
- Click “choose My Lan account password”
- Enter a new password, confirm again and click the ‘submit’ button
- Your password is successfully changed / reset
Option 2: Change DUT email password using online password Self-Service website
You can also change or reset your DUT email password by using the online password self-service. This will allow you to your DUT network password.
- STEP 1: Visit https://passwordreset.dut.ac.za
- STEP 2: Enter your username and click “Next”
- STEP 3: Answer the security questions correctly and click “next”
- STEP 4: Enter your new password and click “next”
- STEP 5: You have successfully changed your password
The online password Self Service is available 24/7 both from off and on campus. If you don’t remember your old password, go to the ICS Walk-in Centre with your DUT staff or student card. Alternatively, you can call the ITSS service desk on 9111 for assistance.
Option 3: Using Ctrl-Alt-Del on your computer
Alternatively, follow the below steps to reset your DUT email account password:
- You must be logged in to your computer
- Be on a DUT campus network
- You must remember your old / current password
- Then, press the Ctrl-Alt-Del buttons together on your computer and choose ‘Change Password’.
Image Courtesy: christenseninstitute.org