Many people in South Africa don’t know how much is Drivers License Renewal in South Africa for 2022. At Quick Read Magazine, we’ve decided to write a blog post, answering frequently asked questions surrounding how much is the Driver’s License Renewal fees and costs for each province in South Africa.
How Much Is Drivers License Renewal In South Africa?
According to research in South Africa, for people staying in Gauteng Province, South Africa, renewal costs are R228.00 and R260 and payment is accepted either in cash or by credit card. Temporary Driving Licence cost is between R72 – R100 cash.
You can apply for a temporary driving licence if you have applied for the renewal of your expired licence or have lost your drivers licence. This licence is valid for only six months and can be issued at any driving licence testing centre (DLTC).
Drivers License Renewal
Regarding Drivers License Renewal process, you must renew your driving licence card four weeks before its expiry date. If you renew your Driving Licence after the expiry date, you will have to apply for a temporary driving licence at an additional cost while waiting for your driving licence to be issued.
How to Apply for Your Drivers Licence Renewal
- To renew your driving licence, you need to go to your nearest Licensing Traffic Department with the below documents:
- Your original Identity document (ID) and a copy of your ID, your old driving licence card or valid passport
- Four black-and-white ID photographs (some DLTC take their own photos using the new online system)
- Proof of residential address. It can be a utility bill in your name. If the bill is not in your name, the bill’s owner must go to the nearest police station and make an affidavit stating that the applicant lives at the address. The utility bill must accompany the affidavit
- For people staying at informal settlements, they must bring a letter with an official date stamp from the ward councilor and confirm your residential address
- Application fee for new licence.
2. All Gauteng residents should apply online for the renewal: https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
3. Complete form DL1: Application for renewal of driving licence card.
4. Complete the notification of change of address or particulars of person or organisation (NCP) form.
5. You will do an eye test or you can do it at an optometrist of your choice and take your results to the DLTC.
How Long Does Drivers Licence Renewal Process Take?
Your new driving licence will be ready in four to six weeks.
How Much Does it Cost to Renew Driving License in South Africa?
In Gauteng province, Driver’s licence renewal costs are R228.00 and R260 and payment is accepted either in cash or by credit card. Temporary Driving Licence cost is between R72 – R100 cash.
Image Courtesy: krugersdorpnews.co.za