The SABC TV Licence renewal fee of R265 per year can be paid online. You can pay your SABC TV licence by making a payment online with your credit or debit card. In this article, you will learn how to pay your TV licence.
ALSO READ: How to Check SABC TV Guide
What is SABC TV Licence?
SABC TV Licence is a payment required in South Africa by the public broadcaster, The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) for the reception of television broadcasts or the possession of a television set where some broadcasts are funded in full or in part by the licence fee paid by South African viewers.
How Much is TV Licence?
The SABC TV Licence annual fee is R265. The licence secures your legal viewing for the whole year and is payable in advance. First-time applicants for a TV licence must pay the full annual fee of R265. Television licence renewals must be made annually before the licence expires.According to the SABC television licence website, renewal payments may be spread throughout the year at R28 per month.
Failure to renew your TV licence means a penalty of 10% per month to a maximum of 100% per year.
How Do I Pay SABC TV Licence Online?
The SABC has made it convenient for people who don’t prefer to pay for their licences at at physical paypoint network. You can now pay for your TV licence online using credit or debit card or via online banking using the TV Licence account detailsor go to the EasyPay website. Here’s how to pay TV licence online in South Africa.
- STEP 1: Go to the SABC television licence official website at www.tvlic.co.za
- STEP 2: Click on “Pay Now”
- STEP 3: You will be redirected to the SABC TV Licence login page
- STEP 4: Enter your ID Number or Account Number and then click “Submit”
- STEP 5: Then click “Pay Now”
- STEP 6: Enter the amount and then click “Proceed”
- STEP 7: Choose the payment method and follow the prompts
Please noted you can log in using your ID Number or TV Licence account number.
SABC TV Licence Balance Check
Whether you want to check your TV licence balance or want to confirm if your account has been credited, you can do it online. This process is called “SABC TV Licence Balance Check”. Folllow the below easy steps to check your balance.
- STEP 1: Visit Television licence website at www.tvlic.co.za
- STEP 2: Click “Sign In”
- STEP 3: Enter your ID Number or TV Licence Account Number and then click “Sign”
- STEP 4: Your SABC TV licence balance will be displayed on the screen
- STEP 5: Click “Logout” after checking your balance
SABC TV Licence Pensioners Discount
The Corporation also offer senior citizens over 70 years of age a TV licence for R74 instead of the R265 standard fee, saving them R191 per annum. If you are under 70 but have a government pension or disability grant, you may also apply. If you need more information on concessionary TV licence from the SABC, you can use this SABC TV licence contact number: (011) 330-9555 or send an email to [email protected]
Image Courtesy: businesstech.co.za