How to reverse debit order on Capitec App in South Africa? If you have the Capitec Bank app, you can reverse your debit order using the Capitec App. You don’t need to visit your nearest Capitec Bank branch anymore. If you suspect an unauthorized debit order going off your Capitec account, you can use the Capitec bank app to view all debit order activity on your account over the last 40 days. In this article, you will learn how to reverse a Capitec debit order on the app.
ALSO READ: How to reverse eWallet
What is a Debit Order?
A debit order is a commitment between you and a third-party, that you have given permission, to collect an agreed amount of money out of your bank account every month to pay for your subscriptions, loan repayments or insurance premiums.
How to Reverse Debit Order On Capitec App
Here’s how to reverse a debit order using Capitec App:
- Step 1: Open your Capitec Bank app
- Step 2: Select “Transact“
- Step 3: Then choose “Debit Orders“
- Step 4: Enter your secret Remote PIN to sign in
- Step 5: Choose a debit order from the history menu
- Step 6: Choose a reason for the dispute
- Step 7: Accept the agreement
That’s how to reverse debit order on Capitec App in South Africa.
Unauthorised debit orders can be disputed via your app. Alternatively, you can visit your nearest Capitec branch or phone us on 0860 10 20 43.
— Capitec (@CapitecBankSA) May 19, 2018
How to Reverse a Debit Order On Capitec App: Reasons to Reverse a Debit Order
Capitec has revealed that the Capitec debit order reversal is not a cash management tool. Only debit orders of under R800 can be disputed on the app. Customers are advised to only dispute unauthorized debits.
Some of the reasons to stop a debit order could be some of the following:
- You can reverse a Capitec debit order if a third-party collected money from your Capitec account without your permission.
- You can reverse a Capitec debit order if you an unauthorized debit order goes off from your account.
- You can reverse a Capitec debit order if you have cancelled your insurance or policy.
- You can reverse a Capitec debit order if you suspect is a scam.
Image Courtesy: www.capitecbank.co.za