Absa Internet Banking comes with lots of benefits. You can manage your account online, make payments and check balances. Absa online banking is convenient and easy to use. To use Absa’s online banking, you need internet and a computer or a tablet or a smartphone. The best part of internet banking is that you can access your accounts anywhere and anytime from the comfort of your home. The purpose of this article is to show you how to register and use Absa online banking.
How to Register for ABSA Internet Banking
The below steps will help you register for Absa Online banking:
- STEP 1: Visit Absa Online Registration page at https://ib.absa.co.za/absa-online/registration/
- STEP 2: Enter your ATM card number (16 digits) and your ATM PIN and then click “Next” button
- STEP 3: Enter your email address and your cell phone number
- STEP 4: Your title, name, surname and ID number will be pre-populated
- STEP 6: Choose a strong 5-digit Personal Identity Number (PIN) under the “Absa Online Security Information” section
- STEP 7: The next step is to confirm the PIN for Absa Online and then click “Register”
- STEP 8: The SureCheck will be delivered to the cell phone number on Absa’s records
- STEP 9: Confirm the transaction as instructed in the message sent to your cell phone
- STEP 10: You will now be registered to use Absa Internet Banking
Note that you will not have a full ABSA Online Banking registration with RVN delivery and default limits setup if your mobile contact number is not on Absa’s records. Absa clients are advised to visit their nearest branch to setup RVN and increase the limits.
How Do I log Into Absa Internet Banking?
- STEP 1: Go to https://www.absa.co.za
- STEP 2: Click on “Logon” button
- STEP 3: Enter your access account number, PIN and your user number and then click “Next” button
- STEP 4: You will see your name and you need to enter 3 letters of your password
- STEP 5: Click on the “login” button to login to your Absa Online Banking
How to Send CashSend Payment Using Absa Online
- STEP 1: Visit Absa Online on your internet browser
- STEP 2: Login using your account number, PIN, user number and password
- STEP 3: Select “Payments”
- STEP 4: Select “Pay” and “CashSend Payment”
- STEP 5: Choose the account you wish to withdraw from
- STEP 6: Choose the amount you want to send and the recipient’s contact phone number
- STEP 7: Then create a 6-digit access code
- STEP 8: Confirm the payment and send the recipient the code
How to Send Money Using ABSA Cell Phone Banking
If you prefer to transfer money using cell phone banking, follow the below easy steps:
- STEP 1: Log in to cell phone Banking and select ‘CashSend’, followed by ‘CashSend Payment’
- STEP 2: Log off from cell phone banking and wait for a secure URL which will be sent to you via SMS
- STEP 3: Click on the URL, it will take you to a homepage where you will enter the amount you want to transfer and recipient’s cell phone number
- STEP 4: Create a 6-digit code, which you will send to the recipient and then confirm the payment. The receiver will use the 6-digit code to withdraw the money from an ABSA ATM.
Image Courtesy: absa.co.za
Zita Zimande is a sports news journalist from the University of Johannesburg. Besides being a sports fanatic, she loves to cook during her spare time.