Taxify, now called Bolt, offers vehicle for hire, micromobility, and food delivery services. Bolt is a ride-hailing company that operates in many cities of Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth just to mention a few. Bolt South Africa provide taxi services to customers in South Africa. However, to be able to access Bolt (Taxify), you must have the Taxify app in South Africa. The purpose of this article is to show you how to download and use the Taxify / Bolt app.
What is Taxify App?
Taxify app is a mobile application designed to run on a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. You use the Taxify app to call for a Taxify driver, pay for services rendered and also assess or rate the drivers. Sadly, you won’t be able to use Taxify services without the app.
The first thing that you need to do in order to access their services is by downloading the app into your mobile device. We will show you how to download the Taxify app below.
How to Download Taxify App
By downloading and installing the app into your smartphone, you will be able to order a ride, get picked up by a nearby Taxify driver, and enjoy a low-cost trip to your destination. You can simply download the Taxify app from your mobile device’s app store. The app is available on iOS, Windows and Android devices. Here’s how to download the app.
- STEP 1: Go to Play Store / Google Play / App Store
- STEP 2: Search for “Bolt / Taxify App”
- STEP 3: Click the “Install” button
- STEP 4: Once installed, click “Open” to launch the app
- STEP 5: Click “Allow Bolt / Taxify to access your location”
- STEP 6: Enter your number and click “continue”
- STEP 7: Enter the code sent to your number and click “continue
- STEP 8: Set up your profile by providing your email, name and surname and then click “done”
How to Login to Taxify App
After you have downloaded and installed the app, and have registered a profile for free, you can login to the app. You will be able to call for a Bolt driver. To login to your Taxify app, follow the below steps.
- STEP 1: Tap the Taxify app icon on your mobile device’s screen to open the app
- STEP 2: On the application’s interface, click the “Sign in” button
- STEP 3: Enter your email address and password
- STEP 4: Click “Sign In” to login
How to use Taxify App
To use the Bolt (formerly Taxify) app is simple. Simply tap the button to order a ride, get picked up by a nearby driver to your destination. Here’s how to request a ride with Taxify app.
- STEP 1: Open the app on your phone
- STEP 2: Click on the “Search destination” to set your destination
- STEP 3: Tap on “Select Bolt” and choose the ride package you wish to go with
- STEP 4: Enter your pickup point and confirm your Taxify driver
- STEP 5: See your driver arrive in real-time
- STEP 6: Pay in-app or in cash (available in South Africa)
Taxify App Features
The app comes with cool features that customers enjoy. Some of the features include the following:
- You can see the ride price upfront, and know how much you will pay
- The Bolt app helps to set your pickup location even if you don’t know the exact address
- You can rate your Bolt driver to give feedback and help the company improve the service quality
- You can add your credit card. They will email you the receipt after every trip
In conclusion, the Taxify app is easy to use. It is for both drivers and customers. The company’s mission is to make urban travel easier, quicker and more reliable. That is why they made the app compatible with all smartphones and operating systems.
Image Courtesy: reviewonline.co.za
Zita Zimande is a sports news journalist from the University of Johannesburg. Besides being a sports fanatic, she loves to cook during her spare time.