Moya App SASSA is one of the most searched terms on Google in South Africa. This comes after many Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant applicants were curious about the term and whether they can apply for the SRD grant via the Moya App. In this article, we discuss the topic ‘Moya App SASSA’.
Is Moya App A SASSA App?
No, Moya App is not a SASSA App. The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has previously addressed the fake news after an article surfaced online teaching people how to use Moya App to check Sassa grants.
“Please note that Moya APP is NOT a SASSA APP.” – SASSA stated. They then went on to give other channels applicants can use to apply.
The following are the only SASSA channels for SRD application:
- Website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737#
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
— SASSA (@OfficialSASSA) August 11, 2021
How to Download Moya App in South Africa
To download the Moya App for Android, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Open your Play Store
- Step 2: Search for “Moya App”
- Step 3: Click on Install to download the “Moya App #datafree”
- Step 4: Once installed, click “Open”
- Step 5: Setup your profile by providing your contact number
- Step 6: Once your uMoya profile is setup, you can browse through the Moya app
Everything You Need to Know About Moya App SASSA
- Please note that Moya APP is NOT a SASSA APP.
- Moya App SASSA is one of the most searched terms on Google in South Africa.
- There is no data cost to use Moya App and instant messaging in South Africa on the MTN, Vodacom, Telkom and Cell C mobile networks.
- Moya App is a free service platform where users after downloading the app will not need to use internet data.
- You can download the Moya App from the Google Play, Apple App Store or Huawei AppGallery.
- You can’t use the Moya app to apply for the SASSA R350 grant.
Image Courtesy: play.google.com