Moya App is a Data-Free Messaging App developed in South Africa by biNu. This means that the uMoya App does not use any of your data bundle or airtime balance, it’s 100% Data-Free. The Moya App works for no data cost on these mobile networks in South Africa, MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and Telkom. In this article, you will learn how to download Moya App. The Moya App download procedure is fast, simple and it’s free.
ALSO READ: Nedbank Mobi: How to Use Nedbank MobiMoney
What is Moya App?
Moya App or Moya Messenger, is a Data-Free application that allows users to message each other without airtime or a data balance on their smartphone. The Messaging App is free on MTN, Vodacom, Cell C, and Telkom in South Africa.
The uMoya App also allow users to read news, browse Wikipedia, get live soccer scores, check weather, read books and access all the government services in South Africa for FREE.
Sending media attachments like photos, videos, voice notes and documents is not data-free. You will be pre-emptively warned when they will incur mobile data costs, or need to switch to Wi-Fi.
Moya App Download
To download the App for Android, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Open your Play Store
- Step 2: Search for “Moya App”
- Step 3: Click on Install to download the “Moya App #datafree”
- Step 4: Once installed, click “Open”
- Step 5: Setup your profile by providing your contact number
- Step 6: Once your uMoya profile is setup, you can browse through the app
That’s how you download the uMoya app in South Africa.
Moya App Features
- UNLIMITED INSTANT MESSAGING & VOICE NOTES no data cost on supported networks
- DISCOVER browse a range of useful and fun online services, #datafree, all in the one app
- VOICE & VIDEO CALLING best quality compared to other apps (not #datafree – before calling you will be warned)
- MoyaPayD iAccount that lets you pay and be paid….dololo data cost
- GROUP CHAT unlimited group chat messaging for no data cost
- MESSAGE ATTACHMENTS fully supported, such as photos, videos, documents, location sharing (not #datafree – before sending you will be warned)
- END-TO-END SECURITY automatic end-to-end encryption of personal messages
- CONTACTS SYNC automatically find your contacts who use Moya
- ALWAYS LOGGED IN never miss a message
- OFFLINE MESSAGES messages saved when your phone is off
Moya App SASSA
With the Moya Application, South Africans can also check their SASSA R350 Grant Relief Status for free on the app. Here’s how to check your status on the app.
- Step 1: Open the app
- Step 2: Then click on ‘Discover’
- Step 3: Then select ‘Money & Services’
- Step 4: Then click on ‘SASSA Relief’
- Step 5: SASSA Services will be loaded
- Step 6: Then click on the link below ‘Application Status’
- Step 7: Enter your South African ID and the number used to submit your application
How Does the uMoya App Make Money?
The app is free, provided they don’t send any attachments and are willing to be exposed to advertising. According to businesstech.co.za, the app makes money through advertising. The group gets paid by advertisers to show users data-free video ads. While the frequency of such adverts vary, the group said that, generally, users will see about one 10 second video advert every 30 minutes.
Image Courtesy: weetracker.com