NaTIS Online Services which can be accessed at online.natis.gov.za, help South Africans with motor vehicle related queries including driving licence card renewal booking. Make sure you visit online.natis.gov.za and book for your driving licence renewal at least four weeks before it expires. In this article, you will learn how to book for your driving licence renewal using the NaTIS Online Services (Online Natis Gov ZA), the NaTIS online booking Gauteng Department.
What is NaTIS (online.natis.gov.za)?
NaTIS is the national register and asset that stores, records, manages and enforces the requirements of the National Road Traffic Act (NRTA) and the National Road Traffic Regulations (NRTR).
NaTIS Online Booking
The NaTIS online booking system allows people in South Africa to book for learner’s licence test, book for driving licence test, book for driving licence card renewal and PrDP application by visiting Online Natis Gov ZA (online.natis.gov.za).
In order to ensure fair access and opportunity to all, NaTIS Online Portal’s slot release for Driving Licence Renewal and PrDP Application are open at 12:00 noon and 16:00.
How to Apply for Your Drivers Licence Renewal
To renew your driving licence, you need to go to your nearest Licensing Traffic Department with the below documents:
- Your original Identity document (ID) and a copy of your ID, your old driving licence card or valid passport
- Four black-and-white ID photographs (some DLTC take their own photos using the new online system)
- Proof of residential address. It can be a utility bill in your name. If the bill is not in your name, the bill’s owner must go to the nearest police station and make an affidavit stating that the applicant lives at the address. The utility bill must accompany the affidavit
- For people staying at informal settlements, they must bring a letter with an official date stamp from the ward councilor and confirm your residential address
- Application fee for new licence.
How to Book for Driver’s Licence Renewal Through Online Natis Gov ZA?
To book for drivers licence renewal, visit the NaTIS online portal. Here’s how the NaTIS online booking system works:
- Step 1: Go to https://online.natis.gov.za (Online Natis Gov ZA)
- Step 2: Choose province on the homepage
- Step 3: Then click on “Book Now” under Book now for Driving Licence Card Renewal
- Step 4: Select Identification Type
- Step 5: Enter your Identification Number (ID), Surname and Initials
- Step 6: Then click “Next”
- Step 7: Follow the rest of the instructions to successfully book a slot to renew your driving licence card
The online.natis.gov.za only allows people staying in Gauteng to book for their driving licence renewal. If you reside in other provinces, you will need to visit your nearest DLTC to book.
NaTIS stands for National Traffic Information System. The NaTIS is the national register and asset that stores, records, manages and enforces the requirements of the National Road Traffic Act (NRTA) and the National Road Traffic Regulations (NRTR).
In Gauteng, residents use Online Natis Gov ZA (online.natis.gov.za) to book for learner’s licence test, book for driving licence test, book for driving licence card renewal and PrDP application.
Image Courtesy: topauto.co.za