Nedbank Mobi, also known as Nedbank MobiMoney, is Nedbank’s mobile-based or wallet-based account solution that allows anyone with a valid South African ID and a cellphone number to bank on their mobile. Anyone with the above requirements, can open an open anywhere in South Africa. In this article, you will learn how to open a Nedbank Mobi account and how you can access it.
ALSO READ: How does Nedbank Money app work?
What is Nedbank Mobi Money?
Nedbank Mobi Money is Nedbank’s wallet-based or mobile-based account solution that any South African ID holder, with a valid cellphone number can open in seconds from anywhere in South Africa.
Anyone over the age of 16 with a valid South African identity number qualifies for the MobiMoney.
How to Open a Nedbank Mobi Account?
It’s easy to open a Nedbank MobiMoney account. It requires no paperwork, no queuing or branch visit required. Your valid cellphone number becomes your Nedbank MobiMoney account number, which allows you to bank anywhere and anytime. Most importantly, it keeps your money safe as your account has a PIN (Personal Identification Number).
To open a Nedbank Mobile account, all you need to do is to pick up your cellphone and dial USSD Code *120*002# and then enter your Name, Surname and ID number and create 5 digit pin. Your Nedbank Mobi account will be successfully opened. That’s it.
How to I Use Nedbank MobiMoney?
To use the Nedbank Mobi, simply dial the USSD string *120*002# and perform any transaction. You can use the Nedbank Mobile account to deposit, withdraw and remit cash at retail stores and any Nedbank ATMs across the country. Your cellphone number is your Nedbank wallet number.
Nedbank MobiMoney Features
The MobiMoney Nedbank comes with coolest features that South Africans can use, some of the features include:
- You can pay your DStv account using your mobile phone
- Buy prepaid airtime and electricity
- Send and receive money straight to your Nedbank digital wallet
- You can deposit up to R4 000 for free
- Zero monthly maintenance fees
- No need to carry cash
How do I Deposit Cash into my Nedbank Mobi Account?
You can also deposit cash into your MobiMoney account. All you need to do is to visit a retail store and supply the cashier with the account number 11111, the cellphone number you want the cash to go into, for example (11111 084 123 4567) and the amount. Visit the following nationwide retailers to deposit cash Pep, Ackermans, Checkers, Shoprite, Cambridge, DionWired, Makro, Builders Warehouse, Game and Top it Up.
Nedbank MobiMoney Transfer Limit
The service comes with limits. If you are not fully verified, the maximum amount you can have in your MobiMoney wallet is R24 000. Fully verified means that you have provided Nedbank with provided Nedbank with proof of identification in the form of your valid South African identity card.
All Nedbank clients who are fully verified will have a wallet with no limits. The following transaction limits will apply:
- Daily withdrawal limit – R4 000
- Daily payment limit – R4 000
- Daily prepaid electricity limit – R1 000
- Daily prepaid airtime limit – R1 000
- Send-iMali or MobiMoney daily limit – R2 500
- Minimum deposit amount at retailers per transaction – R50
- Maximum deposit amount at retailers – R5 000
How do I Withdraw Money from My Nedbank Mobi Wallet?
To withdraw at a Nedbank ATM, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Dial the USSD code*120*002# from your cellphone
- Step 2: Enter your PIN
- Step 3: Then select withdraw at Nedbank ATM
- Step 4: You will receive an OTP (One-Time-PIN) that expires in 24hours
- Step 5: At the ATM, select ‘Cardless transactions’, then select MobiMoney, enter cellphone number followed by your pin, select withdraw.
- Step 6: You will be prompted to enter your temporary pin and then the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Step 7: You will also receive an SMS from Nedbank confirming the transaction.
For more information or help, call the Nedbank Contact Centre 0800 555 111 or visit their official website at https://www.nedbank.co.za/
Image Courtesy: www.facebook.com/Nedbank