Unisa (The University of South Africa) is one of the most popular universities in South Africa and is the largest university system in SA by enrollment.
The University of South Africa offers a wide range of undergraduate qualifications in seven major fields of study, namely; Higher Certificates, Advanced Certificates, Diplomas, Advanced Diploma and Bachelor Degrees.
Before you can register at Unisa, you need to carefully think when choosing your course and qualification that best suit your personal qualities and your career path.
As an undergraduate you need to ask yourself how will the chosen qualification help you get where you want to go. Are you also ready open distance e-learning at a practical level?
If you are not sure what to study at Unisa or you want to change your career path, you can check the below fields of study offered at The University of South Africa.
List of some of the courses to study at Unisa
- Accounting Studies
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Public Relations
- Business Management
- Science, Engineering and Technology
- Engineering Studies
Through their various colleges and affiliates, the university has over 350 000 students. The number includes international students coming from the neighboring country and overseas, making it one of the biggest university in the world.
You can click here to view all Undergraduate qualifications offered at Unisa.
The university has seven regional centres across the country, servicing students in all nine provinces in South Africa.They are:
- Gauteng (Ekurhuleni, Florida, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Vaal Triangle)
- Midlands (Bloemfontein, Kimberley Kroonstad, Mafikeng, Potchefstroom, Rustenburg)
- Kwazulu-Natal (Durban, Newcastle Pietermaritzburg, Richards Bay, Wild Coast Region)
- Mpumalanga (Middelburg, Nelspruit)
- Limpopo Province (Giyani, Makhado, Polokwane)
- Eastern Cape (East London, Mthatha, Port Elizabeth)
- Western Cape (Cape Town, George)
Image Courtesy: quickread.co.za