South African comedian Tumi Morake, who joins the impressive line-up of Comedians of the World, coming to Netflix on 1 January 2019, has reflected on her 2018 journey.
ALSO READ: Tumi Morake’s Debut Book Hits The Shelves
Taking to Instagram, Tumi shared her career top 9 achievements for 2018.
“My career top 9. I had a very selfish year for the most part. It had to be, in order for me to get back to myself. I thank God for the strength to keep moving and growing.
Now 2019 is looking mighty inviting! Thank you all who have walked with me, believed in me, given me the benefit of the doubt, your time, bought tickets, tuned in. Alles. Thank you (sic)” – Tumi Morake wrote.
Check out Tumi’s list below:
- She wrote a book and recorded the audio-book for release next year
- Bowed out of radio… for now.
- Did an Australian run of Tumi Or Not Tumi
- Completed another year of her weekly column
- SHOT A NETFLIX SPECIAL!!!
- Season II of #wtftumi
- She FINALLY got to play a bad bad
- Tumi returned to stir sh*t up on The Queen
- Began the Married But Not To Each Other tour.
What an incredible year for Tumi!
Speaking to The Juice about her Netflix special, the Safta-winning actress said: “Netflix gave us the power to edit our own specials so I’m really curious to see the two Loyiso’s and Riaad’s episode, because I watched them live and I watched it going: ‘This is perfect from start to finish and I wouldn’t change anything’.”
The show was filmed in Montreal, brings together 47 comedians from 13 regions in 8 languages, for the “first of its kind” stand-up comedy series.
Image Courtesy: instagram.com/tumi_morake