The DStv Content Creator Awards is in full swing, with registrations and entries flying in from across the country. In addition to shining a light on existing creators, there is a need to find and support emerging creators. There are so many exceptional people out there who may want to explore content creation as a way of earning a living, but they don’t necessarily have the know-how or resource to do so.
In a country where youth unemployment sits at a staggering 64.4%, content creation can become a viable source of income, and the awards want to do what they can to help. As such, as a build-up event, the awards are hosting the Kasi Marketing Lab in Khayelitsha, a learning day for emerging creatives, marketers and influencers. It will be streamed as a ‘TikTok Live’ all day, so that creators from all over South Africa can watch and learn too.
A powerhouse line-up of exciting guest speakers, all specialists within their fields, has been secured for the six-hour session.
The panel of speakers will include:
- Thabisa Mkhwanazi, Executive Head of Marketing, Multichoice SA.
- Content creators, Omar Morto and Moghelings
- Carla Harris, Media Partnerships Lead for TikTok South Africa.
- Pierre Cassuto, Global CCO of Humanz
- Natasha Goosen and Kwazi Ngubane, Influencer Relations specialists at One-eyed Jack.
- Bukelwa Monqo, Director at Atmosphere Communications.
- Luvuyo Rani, CEO, and co-founder of Silulo Technologies.
- Cameron Naidoo, Chief Rule Breaker of Guerilla Africa.The Kasi Marketing Lab will be giving all attendees (present and watching online) a brief, so that they can enter the Kasi Content Creator Award, which is one of the event’s 22 award categories. The five nominees will announced in June and will be profiled by DStv, TikTok and all the event’s platforms.
The winner will be announced (from five nominees) at the awards event in August and will receive a beautiful trophy, R5,000 and a paid content creation campaign from one of the event’s partners.
There are 20 mentorship opportunities available with a fantastic business mentorship initiative from Entrepreneurs’ Organization Cape Town.
It is through the hard work and determination of the CEO of Silulo Technologies, Luvuyo Rani, that this event will be held in Khayelitsha. Silulo Technologies pioneers information communication technology in emerging and rural communities, and helps empower youth through access to digital skills training, IT business services and employment channels.
The Kasi Marketing Lab will take place at the Isivivana Centre in Khayelitsha on Monday 23 May 2022 from 09:30-16:00, for both in-person attendees and live-streamed via media partner TikTok.
To register for the Kasi Marketing Lab go to the DStv Content Creator Awards website at https://contentcreatorawards.co.za/kasi-content-creator-v2/ for any queries you can email [email protected]
The DStv Content Creator Awards is the brainchild of award-winning marketing and events agency One-eyed Jack, in grateful collaboration with partners DStv, TikTok, INJOZI, Mushroom Productions, Humanz, Steyn Entertainment, Entrepreneurs Organization and Silulo Technologies.
Image Courtesy: Supplied