VUT Moodle is the Vaal University of Technology (VUT) Learning Management System (LMS). Moodle-LMS Learning Management System is the world’s most popular learning platform. In this article, you will learn how to access Moodle VUT.
ALSO READ: NMU Moodle: How to Login to NMU Moodle Site
What is Moodle VUT?
Moodle VUT is the Learning Management System for the Vaal University of Technology (VUT). It used by all VUT campuses and it is fast, efficient and improves communication between VUT lectures and students. It can be accessed from anywhere and anytime.
To view your courses on Moodle VUT, make sure that you have registered for that module in the current academic year and your lecturer has made the course visible. Also, you will be able to access VUT Moodle-LMS after a period of 24 hours has passed since you have successfully registered.
How to Access Moodle VUT
To access Moodle VUT, you need internet connection and internet browser, preferably Google Chrome You will then need to login using your VUT email credentials.
- STEP 1: Go to https://moodlevut.vut.ac.za/
- STEP 2: Click “Login” at the top right corner of your computer screen
- STEP 3: Enter your username (student number) or VUT email and password
- STEP 4: Then click “Login”
Alternatively, you can download the VUT Moodle App on your smartphone / mobile device to access your VUT courses. To download the app, you need to visit App Store / Play Store and search for Moodle VUT Mobile App. Once the app is downloaded, tap the app and select your school and log in to access your dashboard.
What Can You Do in VUT Moodle?
As a student you will be able to use Moodle for the below purposes;
- Retrieve course notes
- Read Announcements
- View, Upload and complete assignments (where lecturer specifies)
- Complete evaluations on academic staff at the end of the semester
How to Submit an Assignment in VUT Moodle
The below steps only describe the process of submitting to a Moodle Assignment. Your lecturer may ask you to attach files or enter text directly into a text box. On the VUT Moodle login page, follow the below steps to upload your assignment in Moodle.
- STEP 1: On the dashboard, locate your assignments by clicking the “Assignment” link in the Activities block. This is usually found on the Moodle course page, located on the right side.
- STEP 2: Select the link to the assignment. The Assignment page will open, showing instructions and your submission status (due date, time remaining, grading status, grade, etc.) for the assignment.
- STEP 3: Select Add submission at the bottom of your screen. The Assignment submission page will open
- STEP 4: You can either enter text or upload the file. To upload a file from your computer, click Upload a file and browse your computer and select a file, then click Open. The file name will appear next to the Choose file button.
- STEP 5: Click Upload this file
- STEP 6: Once your file appears in the Files submission area, click Save changes.
- STEP 7: Click Submit assignment, then Continue to successfully submit an assignment in VUT Moodle. You should receive an email at your VUT mail address confirming you have submitted the assignment.
Please note that a file larger than 2MB won’t be uploaded, make sure you contact your lecturer to increase the file upload size.
How to Reset Your Moodle Password
To reset your Moodle VUT password, you need to do the following;
- STEP 1: Go to https://moodlevut.vut.ac.za/ and click “Login”
- STEP 2: Click “Forgotten your username or password?”
- STEP 3: Then submit your username or your email address and then click the “Search” button
You will receive an email to your email address with instructions on how to get access Moodle again if you are in the database.
Image Courtesy: swarthmore.edu