Gumtree.co.za, popularly known as Gumtree or Gumtree South Africa, is a South African online classified advertisement and community website. Classified ads are either paid or free depending on the item category and Geographic segmentation. Gumtree is one of SA’s biggest site for local community classifieds.
The purpose of this article is to tell you more about Gumtree South Africa and how does it work, how to create an account on Gumtree, and how to sell and buy on Gumtree website.
What is Gumtree South Africa?
Gumtree ZA or Gumtree SA, is an online classified site. You can buy and selling products or things on Gumtree. More than one million ads are posted on the site every month. First, you have to create a Gumtree account. Complete your profile registration and then click post an ad. There are various categories and you can set your price range and upload photos of your item for FREE.
It’s free to browse through ads on the site, you only need to pay when you purchase something.
How to create Gumtree South Africa account?
In order to create an account, visit gumtree.co.za. You can create an account by clicking on “My Gumtree” or “Post FREE ad” on top right corner of the site. By posting an ad, you will complete the profile registration process after you’ve successfully posted your ad. You can sign up via Facebook or email address.
Gumtree Cape Town, Gumtree Western Cape and Gumtree Durban are some of the most searched keywords when people want to buy and sell products in South Africa. Below are the steps you need to follow to create a Gumtree account online.
How to Register
- STEP 1: Go to Gumtree website South Africa by visiting gumtree.co.za
- STEP 2: Click on the ‘Create an Account’ tab
- STEP 3: Enter your name, email and the password
- STEP 4: Click ‘Register’
- STEP 5: Go to your emails and check for confirmation email
- STEP 6: Click on the link and activate your Gumtree account
- STEP 7: Sign in using your email and password
How does it work?
Gumtree is one of the popular websites for selling used products, from cars to hardware supplies to furniture. If you have something you don’t need anymore and wish to sell, you can sell it on Gumtree quickly and effectively. Now that you have an account on the site. Post the ad and make money.
How to Sell on Gumtree
- STEP 1: Create an Ad for your item
- STEP 2: Select the category for the item
- STEP 3: Note your selling location
- STEP 4: Describe the item in detail
- STEP 5: Upload clear pictures of the item
- STEP 6: Write the price
- STEP 7: Write title the ad
- STEP 8: Post the ad
Now that you have posted your FREE ad, wait for potential buyers to contact you. You can respond directly to potential buyers who contact you by logging onto your Gumtree South Africa account. Gumtree App also allows sellers and buyers to chat.
How do I buy from Gumtree?
- STEP 1: Go to gumtree.co.za
- STEP 2: Go to search box and type in what you are looking for, select category and location
- STEP 3: Click on Search
- STEP 4: Filter the search by price
- STEP 5: Click on the item you wish to buy
Buying and Selling on Gumtree South Africa
You can buy and sell many things on Gumtree. You will see different categories and browse them. Categories include the below:
- Automotive Vehicles
- Job Seekers
- Home & Garden
- Baby & Kids
- Boats & Watercraft
- Sports & Leisure
- Charity Donations
All these categories have sub-categories. For example, Automotive Vehicles has sub-categories such as Cars & Bakkies, Auto Parts & Accessories, Motorcycles & Scooters, Motorcycle Parts & Accessories, Caravans & Trailers, Classic & Vintage Cars, Medium & Heavy Commercials and Farm Vehicles & Equipment.
Image Courtesy: businesstech.co.za