SASSA Status Check link is live and if you’ve applied for the SASSA R350 grant, you will be able to check the status of your R350 grant application. The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has made it easy for the R350 Special Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant applicants to check their Sassa SRD R350 application status online. The Status Check link is https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status. To check your SASSA status online, all you need is your valid South African ID Number and phone used to submit your R350 grant application.
“Our online status check is live. Click on or copy and paste this URL on your browser https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status to check progress on your COVID-19 SRD grant. You can also check the status of your Covid-19 SRD application via WhatsApp. Type ‘status’ and send to 082 046 8553” – SASSA said on social media
How To Check Your SASSA Status Online
Here’s how to check SASSA status online. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the SASSA SRD grant website
- Scroll down to ‘Application status’
- Click on ‘Click here to check online’
- Fill in the required fields
- You should then be able to see the status of your R350 grant application
SASSA has revealed that their system is currently processing millions of R350 grant applications and has asked applicants to be patient when they perform SASSA Status Check as some people may not be able to check their SASSA status.
“Please note that SASSA is not taking new applications for the SRD grant at this time. SASSA will publish the date on which this website will be opened for new applications and reapplications.” – SASSA said on their website
You can also check SASSA status of your Covid-19 SRD application via WhatsApp. Type ‘status’ and send to 082 046 8553.
SASSA has also shared on social media that there is no set payment date for the special COVID-19 SRD grant. If your application has been approved, you will certainly receive payment for that month.
SASSA Application for Reconsideration
If your SASSA grant application was declined for any period and you had zero income in the preceding month, you may submit an application for reconsideration.
- Visit the SRD Website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Search for the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab.
- Click on where it says ‘click here to apply for reconsideration’.
- You will be asked to provide your ID number and Mobile number.
- Follow the prompts to complete the reconsideration of your payment.
Applications for the SRD must be sent on one of the following platforms:
- SASSA website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – [email protected]
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a WhatsApp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the WhatsApp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
Image Courtesy: Pixabay.com