In another exciting episode of Tropika Smoooth Fan this week, choreographer and reality TV star Somizi was on the hunt to find his smooothest fan while viewers at home uncovered some interesting facts about the star during the exciting live quiz show.
In Tropika Smoooth Fan, four die-hard celebrity fans were chosen out of thousands to compete in a variety of interactive games and ultimately Palesa Mahange was officially crowned Somizi’s smooothest fan. Palesa won prizes to the value of R35 000 and will now move on to compete in the final on 7 December 2018 alongside the smooothest fans of the other celebrity contestants in the hopes of winning R250 000 cash and a Honda Amaze.
These Are Some Of The Exciting Things We Learned About Somizi On Tropika Smoooth Fan:
- Somizi was born on the 23rd of December 1972.
- The star got into the entertainment industry at a very young age. In fact, he was just 13 when he first started acting.
- One of his first breakout roles was starring in the stage production of Sarafina.
- Somizi remembers bonding with his father over cooking. His dad taught him how to make some impressive dishes and understand spice, colour and texture.
- Throughout his career, Somizi has worked with a number of international acts. His most memorable being with Will Smith.
- Somizi has a happy family dynamic. He is currently engaged to fiancé Mohale Motaung and has a daughter named Bahumi
- Last year, Somizi showed off a new side to his brand after he released his first-ever fitness DVD titled ‘Grind With Somizi.
- The star shared all the details of his life in his autobiography ‘Dominoes: The Unbreakable Spirit’ which he wrote alongside Lesley Mofokeng.
- Somizi is a jack of all trades. Not only is he a judge on a reality TV show, but he is a radio DJ as well. He currently co-hosts ‘The Fresh Breakfast’ with DJ Fresh and previously worked alongside Khanyi Mbau and Ntombi Ngcobo on ‘Whose Show Is It Anyway’.
- Somizi once released a single with Heavy K titled ‘Ngibonile’.