Bid or Buy a leading online marketplace in South Africa. Bid or Buy South Africa allows online shoppers to buy and sell virtually any item online at a fixed price or in an auction format. In this article, you will learn how to create an account on Bid or Buy in South Africa, how to login to bidorbuy, as well as how Bid or Buy in South Africa works.
ALSO READ: How to Sell a Car to WeBuyCars South Africa
What is Bid or Buy?
bidorbuy.co.za or bidorboy or Bid or Buy, is South Africa’s largest online shopping and auction marketplace model allowing business and individuals to trade with each other. This English-language e-commerce website was founded in 1999 in by Andy Higgins, and has grown to become one of SA’s foremost online shopping destinations. Transactions on bidorbuy are in South African rands (ZAR).
How Does Bid or Buy Work?
Anyone above the age of 18 can create an account and buy or sell on bidorbuy.co.za, proving they respect the website’s terms and conditions. The aim of BidOrBuy is to provide both sellers and buyers a trading model that gives vendors an exposure to a larger audience of potential customers. The site enables buyers to buy items at discounted prices, brand-new consumer products, second-hand items or difficult to find collectibles.
Bid or Buy in South Africa is open for trading 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offering great exposure to sellers.
After registering an account on www.bidorbuy.co.za and activating it, you can start buying or selling immediately as basic sellers, with restricted scope of activities. Advanced sellers need to have their bank or credit card details confirmed.
According the website, you can become a verified user (both sellers and buyers). You will be required to submit your copy of ID, signed indemnity form and paying a fee for having their credit standing checked out. Once you are verified, you will see a green tick mark next to your username.
How to Sign up for Bid or Buy in South Africa?
Before you can sell and buy on the site, you need to register and activate your bidorbuy account. Follow the easy steps to create an account:
- STEP 1: Go to www.bidorbuy.co.za and click on “Register”
- STEP 2: Fill in the registration form and then click “Create Account”
- STEP 3: You will receive a one-time pin (OTP) to your mobile (cell) phone
- STEP 4: Enter the OTP number when prompted
- STEP 5: Activate your account by checking the inbox of the email address you entered while registering and click on the link to activate your account
- STEP 6: Activation is instant and you will be able to login immediately with your username and password. Use your Bid or Buy Login details to buy on bidorbuy.co.za
How to Buy on BidOrBuy
- STEP 1: Go to BidorBuy website and login
- STEP 2: Search for the item you want in the search box, or browse through the various categories
- STEP 3: Once you found an item, click on “Buy Now” or “Bid Now” or “Classified”
- STEP 4: After you have added an item to your shopping cart or won an auction, complete your purchase by clicking on “Buy Now” button on your shopping cart.
- STEP 5: Once you have received the item you bought, you should rate the seller based on the level of service received (the communication, the delivery), as well as the product quality. You can also provide reviews on the site.
Image Courtesy: www.bidorbuy.co.za
Zita Zimande is a sports news journalist from the University of Johannesburg. Besides being a sports fanatic, she loves to cook during her spare time.