Capitec Black Card is the same card as the Credit Card. The Capitec new Black Card was unveiled in 2019. In this article, we discuss the new Global One black card by Capitec Bank and how to apply for the new Capitec Black Card.
ALSO READ: How to Apply for a Temporary Loan at Capitec
As mentioned above, getting the new Capitec Black Card is not an upgrade. The only difference with the old Capitec Global One Card is the colour. Also, the new card is not the private client’s black card and is a common Global One card for all Capitec Bank customers.
With the new ‘black’ Capitec Global One debit card by Capitec Bank, customers earns 2.25% per year on a positive balance, gets up to 55 days interest-free period, a credit limit of up to R250000.00 and pay a personalized interest rate from 7.00% per year.
Who Qualifies for Capitec Black Card?
The qualifying criteria is still the same as the old Capitec Card. To qualify for the Capitec’s new Black Card, you must be 18 years or old and have a South African original identification document, have latest salary payslip and stamped bank statement showing your latest 3 salary deposits.
Capitec Black Card Application
How do I apply for Capitec Black Card? To apply for the the Global One Black Card, you can do the following:
- Visit the nearest Capitec Bank Branch with your South African ID, latest payslip and latest stamped bank statement showing your salary earnings for the past 3 months
- Ask the Capitec customer care consultant to change your old card or ask for the new Global One Black Card
- If you are using the app, the old Capitec Gold card will be deactivated. Alternatively, you can deactivate it yourself
- Your new Global One Capitec Black Card will be linked to your Capitec App and all of your banking services
- After submitting everything and going through the Capitec Bank Card application process, the new Global One Black Card will be handed to you
To speed up the application process for your Black Card with Capitec Bank, you should bring your bank card when you visit the branch. Make sure that you check all the requirements for Capitec Black Card.
Capitec Black Card Fees
The fees are the same, it’s just a change in colour. Here are the rates and fees for the new Black Card.
- Initiation fee: R100
- Monthly fee: R40
- Interest rate: 7.00% – 17.50% (based on your credit profile)
- ATM Withdrawal: R8 cash withdrawal fee for R 1 000 or less and an extra R8 fee for every R1 000 thereafter
Image Courtesy: www.capitecbank.co.za