Nedbank Send iMali in South Africa allows Nedbank customers to send money to anyone with a valid South African cellphone number. The recipient will then visit any Nedbank ATM to withdraw the Nedbank Send iMali funds. In this article, you will learn how the Nedbank Send iMali works in South Africa.
What is Nedbank Send iMali?
Nedbank Send-iMali is a digital wallet that allows Nedbank customers to send money to anyone with a valid South African cellphone number. The recipient can then withdraw the funds at any Nedbank ATM. iMali is a Zulu word that means money “Money”.
With Send-iMali you can send up to R4 000 per transaction. The transaction is performed in real time, at no cost to the recipient.
As a sender, it will cost you R8.50 for sending any amount less than R1,000.00 and R14.00 for anything higher.
How to Apply for Nedbank Send iMali in South Africa?
Here’s how to apply for Send iMali at Nedbank:
On NetBank Business:
- Complete the Transfer and Payment Profile Settings form (MR5B).
- Complete the Add User Details form (MR4E) to update user rights.
- For capturing and/or authorising Send-iMali payments [for multiple users complete the Add Send-iMali Features form (MR5G)].
- Select Send-iMali as a service type to be enabled on the CPS application or maintenance form.
How Does Nedbank Send iMali Work in South Africa?
Users can access Nedbank Send-iMali via Internet Banking, *120*001# and via the Nedbank AppSuite. All that you have to do as a sender is to enter the recipient’s cellphone number and the amount to be sent.
The recipient will then receive an SMS with instructions on how to withdraw the money at a Nedbank ATM.
The initial one-time PIN (OTP) received in this SMS is valid for 48 hours. Airtime is needed to request another OTP should the initial one expire.
Just dial *120*001# to generate a unique ATM pin code which is used at any Nedbank ATM to access the money, with a cardless withdrawal. And, there’s no fee for the recipient.
Watch the below video on how Nedbank Send iMali works in South Africa
How to Withdraw Nedbank Send-iMali from Nedbank ATM
To withdraw your money, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Go to any Nedbank ATM
- Step 2: Select “Cardless Services” and then select “Nedbank Send iMali”
- Step 3: Put in cellphone number, OTP and enter the amount you wish to withdraw and click “Proceed”
- Step 4: Choose print receipt or display on the screen
- Step 5: Finally, remove cash
That’s how you withdraw Nedbank Send iMali cash from Nedbank ATM.
Image Courtesy: randridgemall.co.za