Vula UCT, also known as UCT Vula, is the University of Cape Town’s (UCT) online learning system which hosts a number of websites for academic courses, study & research groups, student societies, faculty & departmental groups and assorted projects and initiatives. Vula UCT is basically your student portal. In this article, you will learn more about Vula at UCT and how to access it.
What is Vula UCT?
Vula UCT is the official student portal for the University of Cape Town (UCT). Both staff and students can access My UCT Vula. You can access your sites by logging into the system using your network username and password.
Once you’ve logged into Vula, you will also be able to create new sites that can be utilized, you can also communicate with other UCT Vula users, store data, present online content, as well as collaborating with your classmates.
How to Access Vula at UCT
The Vula UCT Login process is simple and easy, follow the below steps to learn how to log into Vula at UCT.
- Step 1: Go to https://vula.uct.ac.za/portal
- Step 2: Click on “UCT Login” or “Guest Login” if you are not a registered UCT student or staff
- Step 3: Enter your staff or student number and password
- Step 4: Then click “Sign In”
Your My UCT Vula username is your email address. If you forgot your Vula password, click on the “Reset Password” link in the left-side menu to have a new one sent to you. Your initial password was sent to you in your “Application for Admission” letter from UCT‟s Admissions Office. But we will show you how to reset your password step-by-step.
If you need further assistance or would like to talk to a member of the team about setting up new sites, send an email to [email protected] You can also check out uct icts to find out more about services to students.
How to Rest UCT Vula Password
Here’s how to reset your password:
- Log into the password self-service: http://password.uct.ac.za, if you can log in here, you will be able to login to Vula or if you can’t log in to the password self-service: ask your faculty computer lab administrator to check your account and/or reset your password for you.
How Do I Change My Profile Information?
Each person has a unique profile that provides personal details and contact information. Here’s how to change your profile information:
- Step 1: Under My Workspace, click “Profile”
- Step 2: on your profile page, click the “Edit my profile” link
- Step 3: Edit or fill in any missing information that you wish to provide, make sure that your email
address is correct and, if you use multiple addresses, that it is the one at which you would prefer to receive Vula notifications (you may use a non-UCT email address such as Yahoo or Gmail).
- Step 4: When you’re satisfied with your profile information, click the “Save” button.
You can also access your student portal through the My UCT Vula App. You can download the app on Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Vula App Features
- View announcements, calendars and any other workspace tabs
- Get access to all your resources in the offline mode
- Set automated reminders for tests, assignments, and meetings
- Effortlessly access and download resources for later use
- Upgraded interactive chatroom facility
- Quick access to the Jammie Shuttle timetable, UCT maps, and UCT calendar
- Read the latest of Varsity News and listen to UCT Radio on the go.
Image Courtesy: YouTube.com