OnlyFans South Africa

OnlyFans South Africa: What is OnlyFans? How Does it Work?

Share this...

OnlyFans has become very popular in South Africa. According to research in South Africa, OnlyFans South Africa has been a life-changing experience, with the ability to make anyone earn  money from the online platform. OnlyFans is by far the most controversial money making options because it allows users to create and upload any kind of content and it behind a paywall. In this article, we discuss OnlyFans in South Africa, how it works and what the South African Revenue Service (SARS) says about OnlyFans South Africa Tax.

ALSO READ: Best Way To Make Money – Forex trading platforms

What is OnlyFans?

OnlyFans is a content subscription platform based in London, England, United Kingdom. Launched in September 2016, it allows content creators to earn money from people (fans) who subscribe to their content (photos and videos, live streams). Content creators can receive money directly from their fans on a monthly basis as well as one-time tips and the pay-per-view feature.

OnlyFans in South Africa is used by all sorts of creators including Public Figures, Celebrities, YouTubers, Models, Content Creators and Fitness Trainers in order to monetize their profession. According to the OnlyFans.com policy, users must be 18 years or older.

How Does OnlyFans Work in South Africa?

OnlyFans works just like any other social media platform. You create an account and then start uploading content and when your subscribers (fans) see it, they like and comment just like on Instagram. The only difference is they have to pay to follow you. Fans won’t see your uploaded content unless they pay the subscription amount that you have set. That’s how OnlyFans works.

Is OnlyFans Legal in South Africa?

OnlyFans is legal in South Africa. The South African law states that you must be over the age of 18 to distribute or sell explicit content. According to research in South Africa, companies will be fined if they fail to keep children safe on their platforms. If content originated from underage users, the content creator and the buyer could be criminal liability if any action is taken.

OnlyFans

OnlyFans South Africa Tax

The South African Revenue Service (SARS) has confirmed that all purchases and subscriptions on the OnlyFans platform are subject to VAT, which accounts for 15% of all purchases in the country (South Africa). According to IOL, this means that for every OnlyFans South Africa transaction, from the standard monthly profile subscriptions, to pay per view of the OnlyFans content and tips, SARS will be claiming a 15% VAT fee on every transaction. An $11.50 (about R163) transaction on the site, for example, will see the taxman take $1.50 (R21) fee.

A SARS spokesperson, Anton Fisher, has previously explained the need to target OnlyFans and their performers.

The VAT is imposed under the Act which requires businesses that carry on an enterprise in the Republic (of South Africa) to register for VAT and charge the VAT on sales made to its customers. This will be fixed at 15% of total earnings.

How Much Does OnlyFans Pay in South Africa?

OnlyFans content creators set their own pricing with OnlyFans’ minimum requirements and maximums. The minimum amount per month is $4.99 (R65) per month to $49.99 (R710) per month for subscriptions with a minimum tip amount of $5 (R71). Content creators receive their payout every 21 days. OnlyFans keeps 20% of the fees, while the creators take the remaining 80%.

The average earning of an OnlyFans content creator in South Africa earns between $180 – $250 per month, which is which is roughly R2 600 – R3 700 per month. However, higher-earning South Africans, like Xoli Mfeka, can earn upwards of $6 000, or R90 000, a month. According to The South African, creators like Abby Zeus, can earn upwards of $8 000, or R119 000, a month.

Average Earnings from OnlyFans in South Africa is $180/month.

Image Courtesy: pocket-lint.com

Share this...